Wonders of the American West - Preview 2022
Wonders Of The American West – 2022
Bookended by the glamour of Las Vegas, this comprehensive exploration of the American West visits awesome natural wonders and captivating landscapes made famous by classic Western movies. Overnight at rustic lodges inside the National Parks, set among dazzling panoramas that no camera could ever quite capture.
- Las Vegas: At 18:00, join your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Dinner with wine at the award-winning Bacchanal Buffet.
- Grand Canyon: Dine at your lodge this evening after a sparkling wine reception at sunset taking in the incredible orange hues that light up this stunning natural wonder.
- Monument Valley: Enjoy an authentic cookout and Highlight Lunch amid the majestic buttes and mesas of the surrounding landscape.
- Moab: Enjoy a Dine-Around evening and choose from a hand-picked selection of restaurants.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Get together with your new friends for a memorable Celebration Dinner within the park’s beautiful surroundings.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Grand Canyon National Park: Join Local Expert Canyon Tim for an informative and exclusive talk as you witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: With a Navajo guide, board an all-terrain vehicle for a private tour through the mythical formation of the Navajo Tribal Park.
Top Rated Highlights
- Grand Canyon: Wake up to the backdrop of the Grand Canyon and enjoy some peace and tranquility before the day trippers arrive. Depart for the majesty of Lake Powell. Stop at Glen Canyon Dam to learn about its impact on the Colorado River before arriving at your lakefront resort.
- Mesa Verde NP: Make your way to Mesa Verde National Park, where the day draws to a close. Your lodge inside the park offers sweeping vistas that reach into three states.
- Mesa Verde: See the ancient pueblo cliff dwellings, known as the Cliff Palace.
- Arches National Park: Enjoy views of the natural formations, including the iconic Delicate Arch.
- Canyonlands NP: Then it’s on to Canyonlands National Park for a drive onto the Island in the Sky – a mesa resting 1,000 feet (305 meters) above the surrounding countryside, offering spectacular views over the dramatic sandstone formations.
- Capitol Reef NP: Magni?cent scenery awaits at Capitol Reef National Park, best known for its Waterpocket Fold, a 100-mile-long (160 km) warp in the earth’s crust. Journey along one of the most beautiful roads in the world, Scenic Byway 12, winding through stunning Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.
- Bryce Canyon: Head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. Here you will be met by pine trees and red rock pillars. You’ll take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos.
- Bryce Canyon: Start the day travelling through Bryce Canyon National Park, the great natural amphitheatre. The whimsical eroded rock formations that characterize this National Park are some of Utah’s most unusual shapes. Learn how wind, erosion and iron oxidation created the spellbinding hoodoos with your Travel Director.
- Zion: Head on to Zion National Park – one of the most scenic canyons in the United States. Here, join a guided tour by a private Zion Canyon Shuttle, with live commentary, to view the park’s best sites.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Las Vegas.
The Wonders of the Grand Canyon.
Grand Canyon and Lake Powell.
A Leisurely day at Lake Powell.
Monument Valley and the Navajo Nation.
Mesa Verde and Moab.
Delve into Canyonlands and Arches National Parks.
Capitol Reef and Bryce Canyon National Parks.
Whimsical Bryce Canyon National Park.
Zion National Park, back to Las Vegas.